I got this email from my favorite inspectors to refer to my clients to, and thought it was such a good list to prepare buyers (and sellers!) for some very common safety issues that I see on almost all inspections. Thank you US Inspect!
Check out the top 10 inspection issue list – most of these are safety issues
and are easily repaired!
10. Caulk or grout is deteriorated or missing at the tub/shower area. This may permit water penetration and damage.
9. A receptacle is loose in the wall or in its junction box, which may damage or loosen the wire connections. This is a safety concern.
8. Carbon monoxide detectors are missing. The home has fuel burning appliances or components which may emit CO in their exhaust gases, or an attached garage with door(s) connected to the living space. This is a safety hazard.
atmospheric conditions must be present to identify them. Replacement of the insulated glass unit, the sash, or the entire window assembly is necessary to correct the problem.
6. The toilet base is loose at the floor. This permits leaks and may permit water damage to surrounding areas.
5. The wood trim is deteriorated. This permits moisture to enter and may cause further deterioration. There may be hidden damage behind the trim.
3. The gutter’s downspout extension is missing. Downspout extensions are required to carry away roof run-off water from the foundation.
2. A light fixture is inoperative. This affects proper function.
Tips & Tricks for
connect with me